CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Dublin + Library = Urgent Care

Well today started off normal enough and then I had the thought that since it was a beautiful day and the kids were both in a good mood we would get out of the house and run some errands. We went to Target first because...well because I love Target and I couldn't wait to walk around and take in all of the beauty it has to offer :) After finishing up at Target I decided to run to the library where I had a couple of books on hold for me. Sounds innocent enough right? Wrong!
First I had to park what seems like a mile away and then tote an infant car seat and an energetic toddler inside, make my way to the holding shelves and start searching for my books. Dublin must have known I was gonna have to let go of his hand when I was searching for my books because as soon as I did let go he took off running as fast as his little legs would carry him, and I'm definitely not one of those mom's who let their children run around and scream in public places (maybe I should be). After chasing him, while holding the car seat, I brought him back and was prepared to start my search again. Once again he knew I was gonna have to let go for a split second and when I did he was ready but this time I was able to catch him by the hand before he could go anywhere. And as soon as I did he used his defense mechanism, go totally limp and become dead weight. I was definitely not expecting that and as soon as he went limp he fell back and hit the back of his head on the metal shelving.
That's when he let out a blood curdling scream and I saw the blood gushing out of his head. As a mom that is something that no one should have to see, their baby crying in pain like that. All I remember is running with Dublin in one arm and Tessa in the other up to the security guard and asking him to help me, I don't think he could even understand me because I was sobbing and Dublin was screaming. Then he saw the back of Dublin's head and he started fumbling around trying to open his first aid kit while one of the librarians called the paramedics.
The paramedics were there seriously in under 2 mins and the firemen (not sure why we needed them) share the parking lot with the library so they were there uber fast. After a quick check up they told me to either ride in the ambulance with them or take him to urgent care to get stitches. After a quick call to Steven to tell him what was going on we headed over to urgent care and he met us there. By the way I think urgent care should change their name to molasses slow, we were there for 3 1/2 hours!! Holy moly it's a good thing he wasn't dying. After the Dr. finally came in he pulled out his stapler and told Steven to hold Dublin down, that's when I started to cry again. Poor Dublin hadn't he been through enough already?? He was screaming and crying, I was crying, Tessa was sleeping again and Steven looked like he was going nuts stuck in the tiny room. So once the Dr said we could leave I think there were flames under our feet we were gone so fast. haha. Now I have to make an appt to get the staple taken out...fun.
Well I 'm gonna go cuddle with Dublin and watch tv...he's finally in a cuddle mood :)
This was Tessa while all this was going on.
Watching tv in the exam room.
Trying to run away from mom again, guess he didn't learn his lesson.

It doesn't look so bad here but I promise it's gross.

4 comments:

  1. You poor thing! Oh...and Dublin too! You seem to handle things so well, though! I think I'd still be too flustered to blog at all! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that sounds fun! Glad he's okay though and fortunately you have your angel child that was so well behaved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it wrong that I was laughing so hard while reading this?? FINALLY... it's not my child!! LOL.
    I hope Dublin feels better soon... and Tessa... well I'm just glad her sleep wasn't interrupted. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how awful!! You poor thing! Wow, I have had to do the stitches thing a couple of times but never staples! OUCH! Wow, you are amazing! Sorry that it happened but I am so thankful you had help! And I am thankful he's ready to cuddle now! Good luck with the stitches removal! Let me know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete