CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 27, 2010

my garden...

My little garden helper :) Don't mind his dirt mustache ha ha. He loves to play out in the dirt and help us water, it's so nice that our garden has turned into a family project and we all look forward to go out there every night to take care of it.
Part of the garden. Our pumpkin plants have a mind of their own and I think in a few short days the vines will loop around the whole back yard ha!
I know this looks like a watermelon but it's actually a pumpkin! We didn't realize how many pumpkins will grow off of one plant so now I'm thinking we're gonna have a ton of pumpkins in July ha ha.
Another plant we didn't realize produced a lot was squash a zucchini! Um holy moly we're gonna have a lot!! We have two whole rows of them!! Looks like squash is for breakfast, lunch and dinner ha.
Oh and our tomatoes...well I hate tomatoes unless I'm preggo, then I crave them. Anyways when we planted two rows of them I was still on a tomato kick...now I'm not. Needless to say we're canning them up into salsa and big chunks for pasta and chili.
I just love when I need something for dinner and I run into the back yard and can grab it! It's worth all the work we've put into it :)
Our broccoli is looking better and better every day!
And the bell peppers are still small but going strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment