CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Aquarium of the Pacific

This past weekend we went to The Aquarium of the Pacific and it was really cool! Not cool enough to pay $25 per person to get in but we bought our tickets when we went to the L.A. Zoo and we got them for like $10. So definitely worth $10 to get in, $8 to park and like $100 for food ha ha...no seriously.
So we finally got a double stroller for occasions like this one, and the thing is huge! We call it Mac as in a Mac truck ha ha. But it gets the job done and that's all that matters.
It really doesn't look big from the outside but it's a pretty good size.
As soon as Dublin saw the water and the boats we had to take a quick walk around and let him see everything. He just loves the outdoors.
Tessa was more worried about eating her Bitty Bug and not taking in the view :)
It's so cute they have all these tour boats and for a few bucks you get a tour of the area, I just don't think two kids and a huge stroller would work to well on a boat. Maybe next time :)
As soon as we walked in Dublin saw all the fish and took off! He loved it.
It was so hard for him to sit still long enough for me to get a decent picture of him in front of the tank.
Kissing a shark! What an odd ball.
Tessa was still trying to kill her toy, she was so determined it was really cute!


Steven had never pet one of these before (I think they were little stingrays), it was funny to watch him touch it and think it was gross.
Dublin did not think it was gross he loved touching them!
They look like they're smiling :)
I wanted Tessa to touch one but her arms were to short, oh well there's always next time.
They have this huge whale hanging from the ceiling and Dublin thought it was a shark ha ha. When he sees something that he thinks is a shark he screams "ssshhhaaarrrkkk!!!!". It so funny!
Rockin' his new Chucks! Makes me so proud :)

It was almost impossible to get a good picture with him that day :(
Umm that's a big shark mouth!

They had so many different kinds of cool looking jelly fish.
These two were play fighting, it was so fun to watch!
Then we found the turtle...
and he was in heaven...
and we finally got some cute pictures of him!!! :)
Daddy and Dublin.
Mommy and Tessa.
She was so happy to have her picture taken :)
What a stinkin' cutie!


Daddy and Tessa.
He loved petting these little sharks, obviously they're little and harmless but nonetheless sharks.
A HUGE stingray!

Then we saw that kind of shark you don't want to pet...or ever see unless it's in a tank!
This poor shark was bumping into everything! I kinda felt bad for him.
This shark was super creepy and then he like charged at me! Creepy I never wanna see something like this again!
Look at those teeth!
Oh man Dublin was in love when he saw this squid squirter! Some poor girl just happend to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and got a face full of water! I felt bad but he loved it.
While the boys played in water Tessa and I checked out another shark! She thought it was so funny and just smiled the whole time :)

And then I saw this...I must be getting old because I thought this was the coolest thing there. It's a dyson hand dryer! Seriously I want one...I washed my hand a few times just so I could keep using it ha! Playing at the tidepool.
These little garden eels are so cool looking! Dublin was using the magnifying glass to get a better look.
Crazy huh?
He didn't want to leave the magnifying glass ha.
The star fish was huge! It's hard to tell in the picture but it was big!
FYI a Puffin is the hardest thing to ever get a picture of! I spent about ten minutes trying and this was the best I could get...grrrr. One the plus side look at the cute kid in the reflection

Sea otter that I thought was playing with another one until Steve pointed out he was just cleaning himself. Eww I know.

Huge crabs!
NEMO!! Haha every kid would scream Nemo when walking by this tank and some old lady asked her son why they called it Nemo and he explained to her about the movie haha. It was so funny.
Dublin didn't wanna leave Memo (Nemo) haha.
This has to be one of the ugliest fish ever! I don't care if it's trying to blend into its environment it's fugly!
Dublin: yellow fwog oooo! oh blue fwog!! He loves them :)
This was so cool! I've always wanted to go to one that's glass all the way around but this is a good spot to start :)


He loves turtles.
Great another creepy shark that wouldn't leave me alone.



He was lovin' it!

Kinda gross but if these fish get stressed out or whatever they change sex's...weird.
Maybe it's just me but I don't think snakes shoulf be able to live in water! It's just not right!



3 week old baby seahorses.



Anyways it was a really fun time. I think Dublin and even Tessa really enjoyed it and all the animals.

2 comments:

  1. Awe, looks like you guys had a blast!! Dublin & Tessa are so cute :) I <3 them!

    Ohh I LOVE those dyson hand dryers too!! Knotts has them in one of the bathrooms (by the lockers) and I go to that bathroom- even if it means walking to the other side of the park! HAHA

    Where did you get your double stroller from? There's one at Target I really want to get... maybe some day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stroller is from Target because well I love Target :) Sounds like both of us are getting old if we like those dyson hand dryers that much ha!

    ReplyDelete