CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

things I wish I knew 6 months ago...

That this little lady would be growing up soooo fast! And be getting more adorable everyday



that I had done more research on gardening!! I really didn't take into account well... well I didn't take a lot of things into account. Such as we don't need two full rows of squash and zucchini. Yup we have two full rows... I.am.soooo.tired.of.all.things.squash!!

And that tomatoes don't grow tall, they grow everywhere!! We didn't know that they needed something to climb. So they started to climb the whole garden!


That a garden brings in all sorts of horrible bugs, spiders (ewww) and caterpillars. I never thought I would have to go on "caterpillar hunts" to keep my tomatoes safe. Seriously it's a lot of work!
And that the nice little rows that I made would be over taken by plants that didn't stay cute and small. I no longer venture into our garden for fear of what lives in there. No seriously that is Steve's job to get anything in the middle.

{can you find the praying mantis??}
But I did find this little guy :) Do your thing Mr. Mantis, whatever it is that you do. I just know they're good for your garden unlike the 3 HUGE grasshoppers that I had to evict from the garden today!

3 comments:

  1. We wish we only had disgusting bugs in our garden! But despite building a sheet metal barrier all around our garden, the darn squirrels waited until everything was big and growing and ate it to the ground. All of it! All the hours spent were wasted! Now we have a year to figure out how to keep everything safe for next year...and buy a shotgun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you could send some zucchini my way. My zucchini didn't do a darn thing this year. Last year it was coming out our ears and I just finished off what was in our freezer from last summer. Supposedly we got stuck with male plants this year instead of female... true story, I'm not making this up. We have male blossoms instead of female and that's why we haven't had one stinkin' zucchini this year. And I don't know what's up with my tomatoes, but I've only pulled two red ones so far. Sad... at this point I'm just ready to be done with the garden for this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to add my 2 cents...
    I've successfully killed 2 (yup, not one.. but TWO) basil plants this year! Gosh I suck at gardening!! :)

    ReplyDelete