CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 7, 2010

Camping McClure style...

This is what our weekend looked like :)


Alligators, Monkeys and Bears oh my!! Ha this past weekend was a blast! We decided that we wanted to "go camping" as a family in the living room on Friday night so Dublin, Tessa and I spent most of the day preparing for it.


Tessa mainly just played while I cleaned and prepped for camping :)


And Dublin decided it was a good time to do his Mickey Mouse puzzle.


It was his first time putting this kinda puzzle together and after I showed him how he did really well! He just loves puzzles.


She needs no introduction, nor any explanation, she's just her, she's beautiful and amazing. I love every ounce of her being and I'm inexplicably blessed to call her my Tessa :)


Anyways back to our camping trip...we spent most of the day getting things ready. We made a few cute signs for our "camp ground". My favorite is the bear picture ha! And we also set up the picnic table with all sorts of goodies and games for the night.


Dublin was super excited! He didn't know what was going on but he knew it was going to be amazing!!! His main concern was making sure that we all knew his little camping chair was his. He would set it up and say "MINE!!" then drag it off somewhere else and do it again ha ha. Steven just loved coming home and finding all the signs set up :) He thought it was just too funny.




And I made a Mexican casserole thing for dinner because who doesn't make that when they go camping ha! It didn't fit the theme for the night but it was really good!


After dinner it was off to camping!! We decided not to use any lights in the house, just the lanterns and flashlights (I'm sure our neighbors thought we were totally nuts or maybe we didn't pay the electric bill but whatever we had fun!).


We started of the evening by reading none other than "We're Going On A Bear Hunt". We played Pictureka (so fun!), the Mickey Mouse memory game and then read "We're Going On A Bear Hunt" like 10 more times! That's when the Alligator Wrestling began...first it was Steven and Dublin but then...


Tessa got in on it!! Ha ha she kicked some serious Alligator butt!!








She started really getting into it and kicking him up with her legs but holding his head so tight, it really was the cutest thing ever!




After all that excitement we roasted marshmellows over the fire (which was crazy because it made the house soooo hot!!).


I was so excited for s'mores that I didn't even care it was like 110 degrees in the house at that time.


It was so yummy!


After s'mores we decided to go on a bear hunt!! Poor Dublin was so freaked out because the house was so dark! He really started getting scared so we speed things up and as we got closed to the bear we said "one shiny wet nose, two fuzzy ears and two big goggly eyes...it's a bear!!". That's when we realized oh it's just Teddy(his favorite stuffed animal) that we found. He gave Teddy a big hug and kiss :)


We relaxed at "camp". I was not about to sleep on the floor so we took the couch cushions and made a big bed, Dublin had to test it out by jumping all over it :) We decided it was still really hot in the house from the fire so we went outside to look at the stars, it was so beautiful out! Tess passed out in my arms so we brought her in and put her to bed and made popcorn with apples and m&m's.


Then it was off to bed for Dublin and back outside for me and Steven. It was so nice we hung out talking until 2 am and finally decided it was time for bed. The next morning I woke up at 6:30 am (thanks a lot kids!) and I'm definitely not a morning person but decided since I was up we should get ready and hit up some garage sales!


We got some really great stuff at amazing prices! I also went to a consignment store that was having a huge $1 everything sale. I got all the toys above for $10. My favorite is that 5 in 1 block thing I got for 0.50 cents!!! Such a steal!


This really cool outdoor fire pit for $10! Can't wait to use it! We have some high temperature black spray paint to repaint it because it looks like it need a little touch up :)


And this cute screen, I'm not sure where I'm gonna use it but It's brand new with the tags on it for only $10.


And this cute little mirror thing, once again not sure where I'll put it but it was only $5. We had so much fun that I think we're gonna go do it again in a few weeks. After all that excitement we went home and had lunch and took naps. Then played outside in Dublin's pool, our chunky Tessa has outgrown bother her bathing suits! But that didn't stop her from squeezing into it to play in the water (she cried when she got wet ha). We clean up the front yard and decided it was a KFC for dinner kinda night. Yummy is all I can say :) We came home and put the kids to bed then watch the new "Alice in Wonderland", it was so much better than I thought it would be! I love Johnny Deep and Tim Burton but this movie just didn't look good so I was happy I actually enjoyed it! Then it was off to bed so we could get up early for church on Sunday.




It was such a fun weekend! I highly recommend indoor camping with the kids, it's way too much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment