CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 16, 2009

Ode to Target



For some reason I just LOVE Target!! I don't know if it's the smell of popcorn and icee's when you walk in or the fact that you're greeted by stacks of dollar bins, or maybe it's the fact that you don't see to many ghetto people shopping there. Whatever the reason I am a Target junkie!! My local Target is here in Lancaster but the wonderful thing is that in the Antelope Valley there are a total of three!!! Including a Super Target!!! So if I get bored of one or they don't have what I want I can always check out the others.

The only drawback to this magical place is that is not really great for my waistline because you can't go to Target without stopping at the food court to pick up a popcorn and icee or a soda and pretzel depending on my mood. I do blame it on my pregnancy right now but the truth is I did the same thing before I was pregnant, I just blamed it on Dublin then. He knows if we go to Target that means he get a popcorn to munch on up and down the aisles.

So my first stop in Target...the baby section of course! I hit the clearance baby clothes and see what kind of treasures are waiting for me in there. Then I meander thru the rest of the baby aisles to see whats whats on sale, it brings me such enjoyment to see all the newborn things like tiny shoes and blankets etc... Then last but not least I like to stroll thru the home/seasonal section to what they have. And we must spend at least 15-20 mins in the Halloween section playing with decorations.

The one thing I have learned about Target over the years is that husbands/boyfriends are not fans, which just baffles me. If you look around you're bound to see some woman happily walking around looking at everything and some poor guy following behind checking his watch and trying to hurry her thru the store. Steve definitely falls into the category of unhappy partner, as soon as we walk thru the doors he tells me I have 5 mins to get in and get out. So I usually try to enjoy my Target trips with either my sister, just Dublin or by myself because no girl want to be rushed out of such a magical store in 5 mins.

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree. I LOVEEEEEEE target! It's the absolute best!! The dollar bins are like a treasure chest for me LOL. Thankfully Jer is usually not the typical guy that is being drug around. But sometimes he has to limit my time there! haha. (p.s. it doesn't help my addiction with target that we live like a mile down the street from it!!)

    ReplyDelete