CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Busy Busy Busy!!

It feels like forever since I've blogged and I've actually had some good things to blog about, just no time to do it. So here is a small recap of the last week.
We had an awesome Thanksgiving!! First we went to Steve's Grandma's house and snacked on food (we had to save room for the big dinner to come!) and mingled with everyone for a little while. Dublin had fun playing with his cousin Jocelyn and running around in the backyard, when we would let him. After munching on snacks for awhile we decided it was time to head out to my family's house for more food, and I have to say my mom really outdid herself this year :) I hope one day that I can make an awesome feast like she does.
Dublin had a BLAST once we got to my parent's house because he got to see his Grandpa (his favorite), play outside all he wanted, play with his cousin Landon and see all of his family. We also got to see and hang out with Elder Garcia and Elder Ball from the Littlerock ward, it's always fun when they're around. This Thanksgiving was great, we had delicious food, good friends and our awesome family all together :)
Then there was the infamous Black Friday, a day that all the women in our family look forward to. We had made a great plan the night before, Caitlin and I were going to Target to get everything for the "group" and my mom, Courtney and Aubrey (yes even Aubs got in on it!) would go to Wal-Mart and get the stuff there. Well like every Black Friday we stayed up way to late doing nothing and had to get up at 3am!! Yes I know we're crazy. I pretty much had to drag Caitlin out of bed so that we could go wait in line in the freezing cold outside of Target. After getting the worlds worst hot chocolate at Starbucks we braved the cold and started making our game plan for once we got inside.
Luckily we got everything that we wanted at Target and then decided it wad time for some hard earned breakfast at ihop. So we all meet up at ihop and had the worst breakfast ever! Then it was time for more shopping we hit up a few more store and then it was onto Joann's where they had adorable fabric on sale for $1.49 a yard, I just couldn't pass that up. By the time we had everything we needed and wanted we looked like walking zombies, it was close to lunch time and we were dead on our feet but we still had Pier One to go to. So we dragged our zombie booties over there and finished off our shopping at one of my favorite stores. All in all I would say this Black Friday was a success! Aubrey even spotted some creatures of Wal-Mart!!
On Saturday I ran some errands with my boys and then I go t to hang out with Missy, Lulu and little miss Ruby. Of course we had a blast and it was so good to see them after so long, I can't wait until next time. I have to say I LOVED my Thanksgiving weekend, it was exactly what I wanted.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun. I did Sears at 4am with a friend. Sounds like you guys had lots of fun though. I can't wait to do the day after Christmas. There is so much good stuff this year unlike last year where everything sucked.

    ReplyDelete